I am going to take inspiration from Knives Out because it is a murder mystery, like my plot. However, it's a different, out-of-the-box movie, which is why I like it so much. It takes place in an old creepy mansion, owned by a wealthy old man, and it begins with his murder. I think I am going to do the same thing, set the setting and immediately show the murder scene. The lighting of most of the scenes, especially those that take place inside the house, is dark, which follows the generic thriller lighting concept. There is a detective, which is also another given, and his costume is very detective-like, a formal, black and white suit with black suspenders. I like the formalness detectives in murder mysteries typically wear and I think I will try to incorporate that. The music is also very foreboding, the use of violins in a slow tempo lets the audience know something is going to happen, which I enjoy. This movie uses many jump shot with close up and long shots to establish the area...
Comments
Post a Comment