Looking For Songs/Sounds To Edit With

 Unfortunately the owners of the song, Spirits In The Material World, did not get back to me. Now I have to find royalty free music to use in my film. I started looking at my favorite website, YouTube's Audio Library. I found many potential candidates to use for the scene where Blair is walking to Avery's room with her headphones in. But I found two that I really enjoyed. They are called "Circle Dance" and "You Should". I was looking for an upbeat, electronic vibe song because that how I want Blair's music personality to portray her as. I found them by imputing filters like: Funky, Dance & Electronic, and Pop. I put them both on my editing software and played it with the film to see which one I liked best. I decided I like "You Should" better because it has more of a mysterious sound to it which fits the genre more. I had to adjust the volume to where it was loud when Blair was walking but to quiet it down so that the audience could hear the scream. I'm still deciding if I should keep the same sound throughout the rest of the film or not. Now I need to find a somewhat scary/eerie sounding song for the beginning of the film. I added the filters: Ambient, Cinematic, Dark, and Dramatic. I found this one that was very fitting its called "Switched on Carcassi" and it has some electronic tones yet dark deep beats. I added it to the editing software and I loved it. But then I had a problem of the transition between that song and "You Should". I don't know if I should scrap "You Should" or find a way to create a smooth transition. After that I tried finding a stabbing sound effect but the YouTube Audio Library didn't have it oddly. I had a very hard time trying to find free sound effects. I think I might just make one myself at home and see how the quality comes out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Minute Filming

Finalizing My Film